[Watch YouTube recording] This is the webinar recording in lead up to 2017 World TB Day. Governments of more than 190 countries globally have committed to end TB by 2030 by adopting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at UN General Assembly in September 2015. This commitment to end TB is in line with the WHO End TB Strategy which was adopted by World Health Assembly in 2014.
Undoubtedly, health and non-health sectors both need to collaborate effectively along with other stakeholders, including affected communities, to accelerate efforts to end TB by 2030 (or earlier!). With this intent, potentially one of the most pivotal meeting happening this year, is the WHO Global Ministerial Conference: Ending TB in the sustainable development era: A multi-sectoral response (16-17 November 2017 | Moscow, Russia).
PANEL OF EXPERTS:
* Dr Mario Raviglione, Director, Global TB Programme of the World Health Organization (WHO)
* Dr Soumya Swaminathan, Director General of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Secretary of Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
* Paul Jensen, Director (Policy and Strategy), International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
* Prabha Mahesh, TB survivor who is advocating for improving TB care and control
* Ashok Ramsarup, former SABC Senior Producer, South Africa * Shobha Shukla, CNS Managing Editor
CNS Webinars Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.citizen-news.org